Tips on Finding the Best Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Billings MT
Deciding to use medical marijuana is not a decision to be made lightly.
Your health is at stake and it is important to consider all the factors before deciding to utilize medical marijuana to treat your medical condition.
Finding a dispensary to get your medicine is just as important. There are a plethora of dispensaries to choose from in this day and age and they are not all the same. Picking the right one for you and your medical condition is important and you need to be comfortable with your choice.
Here are some tips to help you pick the best dispensary in the Billings area.
- Get recommendations. Your medical doctor is probably a good place to start. Many times your doctor will have a list of dispensaries in your area that you can check out. You can also read online reviews and sites like Weedmaps and Leafly are a great resource to help you make a wise decision. Read what others have had to say about each dispensary that you are considering. Chances are, there are good reasons why certain dispensaries have gotten negative reviews and vice-versa. If one has a lot of excellent reviews, chances are good you will have a similar experience as well.
- Choose a convenient location. Especially when you are starting out, location is important. It is much easier to drop in from time to time and get to know the doctors and staff, if you choose a dispensary in your area. You want to feel comfortable with them and the closer they are to you, the easier it will be for you to get to know them.
- Make sure any dispensary you are considering complies with health and safety regulations. A good dispensary should operate just like your doctor’s office does. They have the same requirements to meet as a hospital or doctor’s office, so they should have the same basic feel. If you feel like you are walking into a liquor store or a hookah lounge, you are in the wrong place. The medical marijuana being dispensed should be grown, cultivated, and stored using the proper methods and under the proper conditions. Transactions should be tracked and entered into some kind of system (usually a computer system or Point of Sale System) to ensure that health and safety requirements are being met.
- Make sure that any dispensary you visit requires you to have the proper documentation. Photo ID is required. A medical marijuana card is required. If a dispensary is not following the law when it comes to screening patients, then it is not the kind of dispensary that you want to use. If they are not following the letter of the law for rudimentary things such as this, then you can bet they are cutting corners in other ways as well. Run, don’t walk, out the door if you find yourself in a dispensary that conducts business in this manner.
- Compare prices. There is nothing wrong with shopping around and checking out pricing. You wouldn’t eat a restaurant that charges twice as much for the same hamburger as the place down the street and shopping for medical marijuana medication is the same thing. At the end of the day, dispensaries are in business to make money and just like any other business, you will find that some have prices that are more competitive than others. Obviously you have to compare apples vs. apples, and not apples to oranges. There is a wide variety of different strains, and while medical marijuana averages around $15/gram, it will vary with the strain. Make sure you are making apt comparisons. You will also find that certain dispensaries offer discounts and sales from time to time so don’t hesitate to ask if there are any going on.
- Check into all the products offered. Dispensaries don’t just offer various strains of medical marijuana. They will also offer edibles and things like balms and creams. Most of this product will come from wholesale marijuana facilities. Check out everything that a dispensary has to offer and you may be pleasantly surprised. Again, just like any other business, dispensaries will stock different items and probably specialize in different items as well. If there is a product that is important to you and the first dispensary you come to doesn’t offer it, move on to the next one. You will find that they vary more than you think and you may find that you are pleasantly surprised by the inventory of some and disappointed by the lack of inventory at another. It pays to shop around.